View Single Post
Old
03-15-2004, 02:01 AM
charliemurphy

vCash: 500
Prospects, Draft Picks, and the Future Lineups

Just wanted to get everyone's take on everything (trades, picks, resigning players, free agency) before the upcoming draft and before next year's possible lockout season.
I don't want to sound like a pessimist but this lockout season has me worried. And depending on what picks we get, how they pan out, (re)signing players, only time will tell how the Rangers will look.

I am taking into account a lockout season and the Rangers re-signing:
M. Barnaby: Definitely wants to come back. I can see him being offered a multi-year deal.
B. Leetch: Anyone who thinks this man's number is not
going next to #35 is crazy.

Remember this would be in effect after the lockout season, so here goes:

Murray-Holik-Jagr
Umberger-Lundmark-Barnaby
Ortmeyer-Moore-Jessiman
Green-Betts-Balej

Hlavac won't be back. Lindros is done, unless he gets a dirt cheap extension. Holik and Jagr are not moving due to their contracts. They get paid big time even if their is a lockout. Umberger is legitimate and will get signed, he shoots L and would move from center, as well as Betts who might not even play pending on what moves are made. I really like D. Moore. I think Prucha is a real sleeper of a prospect. Hereema needs a lot more time as well as Immonen, Giroux and Helminen. I rather have Jessiman wait until he's ready, but I can definitely see him playing in two years.

Again, take into account the possible 1st round picks: LW's which we desperately need: Ovechkin@6'2"200, Ladd@6'2"200, Wolski@6'3" and Centers: Chipchura@6'2"197, Malkin@6'3"186, Olesz@6'1"194 and the possible free agents available, which would change the entire team all together.

Tyutin-Leetch
Poti-Kasaparaitis
Lampman-Rachunek

I know, but bear in mind that Sather doesn't like Purinton. Mirinov will retire. Darius and his contract are not going anywhere. Poti has a good shot but lacks toughness, cut him some slack. Besides Kondratiev and Liffiton are waiting in the wings. Baranka is a long shot. And if the Rangers use their 1st pick on a D'man it could be:Barker@6'3"207, Green@6'1"195, Lepisto@6'176, or Smid@6'3"209.

Dunham will be a faint memory (thank god). I can see Mclennan getting signed. I don't see Labarbera being built around. Lundqvist is getting serious looks and props even by JD. I hope Blackburn gets healthy, he's the future folks. A damaged nerve in the shoulder does take time, Leetch had the same thing (think in 98') in his leg and took him a while to get back.

What do you think everyone?