View Single Post
Old
09-18-2007, 10:28 AM
32leaguer

vCash: 500
Thanks for all the tips!

Certainly practicing on rollerblades made a huge difference, just in trying to mimic the feel of being (at times) slightly off balance when trying to shoot. Also, I think I need to practice shooting more from a position where my chest is facing the net head-on, rather than being at a 45 degree angle in a traditional windup. As someone mentioned, rarely do you have the luxury or time to pivot into perfect position.

When skating down the ice, and say you are one-on-one with the goalie, you are primarily skating with your chest facing the goalie in forward motion. Do folks more often shoot from that stance, with stick directly out to the side, or is it better to practice trying to drop back your back foot, shift weight backwards (against direction of motion), and then shoot that way?

Also, any tips on where/what to buy something for smooth driveway shooting practice surfaces with pucks? They have the stuff you can buy online specifically for hockey, but that seems pricey for a piece of smooth plastic. Any cheap substitutes?

Thanks again!

32leaguer is offline   Reply With Quote