View Single Post
Old
03-15-2004, 01:16 PM
dumpsathernow*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Baranka is far from a long shot as he led the expansion Everett Silvertips in the WHL to a 1st place finish in their division. Strong two way d-man.

Balej belongs on top two lines.

Holik is not a 1st line center.

What about Prucha, Marek and Immonen who have all had great seasons in Europe this year.

Even with the lock-out it is too early to try and determine what this team will look like in two years. Trying to figure out next year is hard enough. If I were to guess, how about this:

Jessiman - ? (FA) - Jagr
Umberger - Immonen/Prucha/Marek - Balej
Murray - Holik - Ortmeyer
Helminen - Betts - Barnaby (or some young defensive minded kid)

Tjutin-Rachunek
Poti - Kasper
Lampman/Baranka/Kondratiev/Guenin/Taylor/Liffiton

The one thing that is missing so far is a 1st line center.
nyr is not going to build a team full of all youth thats ridiculous that line up is not and never will happen immonen has a contract in finland for next season, jeeiman get him in hrtfrd betts is fully of shoulder problems, helminen is a possibility.. but all your other pairing are insnane all these rookies together nyr is retooling not rebulidong completely there will be some vets in that lineup....conroy rolston rucinskysimon barnaby with jagr and holik on d hill kleemm and kaspar suurround those vets with youth there is 5 spots for young fwds and 3 for young d i we will not ever win with just all rookie d men we need guys to teach these kids about playing d