View Single Post
Old
09-19-2007, 09:47 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
my take:

With Vokoun you are going to get someone that when they're on, they're one of the top 5 netminders in the league. However, when he's off and lacking concentration, he's prone to let in softies and can be very frustrating to watch. With Mason you get someone who is consistently a slighty above average nhl goalie. You know what you're going to get from mason night in and night out. we never had that with TV.

I think this sums it up well.

With TV, as many nights as he looked like the best goaltender in the NHL, he would let in a goal or two that just left you scratching your head saying "what the heck was that Tomas". Plus the fact that he was horrible outside of the crease and mediocre at best in a shootout.

Vokoun, when on, was good enough to let us take chances offensively.

With Mason, you just get steady. He may not make the amazing save, but he's going to give you solid goaltending night in and night out. Add to that the defense corps we have in front of him, and the new emphasis on rolling out balanced lines and a more defensive oriented gameplan, and I dont think we'll see much of a dropoff.

Yes, I'm a homer, but I think we'll see better results.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote