View Single Post
Old
03-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Brenden Morrow with ease. There's nothing Bell has on Morrow. Morrow is an exceptional defensive forward that finished in the top 25 in Selke voting for a 2nd time in 5 seasons. He's a proven playoff warrior proven by his performance last season where he was our undisputed MVP, plays with no merci and is as feisty as hell. He's also an extremely good leader, especially for his age. This has him wearing an A over lots of other former captains.

I think his TSN profile just sums it up perfectly, Morrow is a compelte powerforward. There aren't many young players I would take over him. He rarely knows a weakness. He was being compared with Brendan Shanahan during draft day, this later became Adam Deadmarsh, Ryan Smyth, but I say Morrow will be a mix of all 3 of them. He has 30 goal potential and should average between 45 and 65 points a season. There's a reason he's the most willing Star and one of the hottest commodities in the NHL. He's been our best player, excluding netminders, ever since last year's playoffs. That says something. But yes, I have a huge bias for Morrow, but so soes every healthy Dallas Stars fan, he's immensly popular with the fans and coaching staff.

Mark Bell seems to make some fast progressions and while I think his offensive potential will be slightly higher, his all-round game simply isn't close.

Also, Morrow turned 25 earlier this year, he's not 26.

Last edited by Ajacied: 03-15-2004 at 01:42 PM.