View Single Post
Old
03-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
Besides Barker, what defenseman in the draft has the potential to be a top-pairing 2-way defenseman that can clear the crease yet still has some offensive game? Where do you see that player going in the draft?

Thanks.
AJ Thelen. He's leading his conference in points for a D-man as a Freshman at Michigan State. His defense is good, sometimes too aggressive, has taken some bad penalties. He's 6'3, 220, and getting bigger. He has an option to apply this year or in next years draft, so who knows, he might not be available. I think he has great potential. Could be drafted anywhere from #7 to #20, IMO.

Ladislav Smid(6'3 210) Big D-man who has smarts & good offensive skills. Some question whether he can play good D as a top 2 when he finally gets to the Pro's, but I think he just needs some time over in NA rinks.

Mike Green(6'2 195) has great skill and plays nasty in his own zone, though some think he needs to be more consistent. I like him, if he was on a better team he'd be considered a top 5 pick. Like Thelen, he could go anywhere between those picks i mentioned.

Andrej Meszaros(6'2 190) is a smooth skating Slovakian D-man, who knows how to take care of his end. Very good puck skills, had a good showing at the WJC in December.

Kyril Lyamin(6'3 200) Russian who like to play the NA style. Very physical and can play the puck in the O-zone. Probably will go Mid to late first round, though he could fall into the 2nd like Tyutin did a few years back.