Thread: Dagenais
View Single Post
Old
03-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Schwang

vCash: 500
Dagenais

Y'know, I read posts bashing Dagenais and it ticks me off. Some fans were crying that we need goal scorers, and when we get one (for nothing i might add), you all cry because "he can't do this and he can't do that". Well, let me tell you something, the guy has more goals than a lot of goal scorers on our team (ya, Koivu and Kovalev) with fewer games played and less ice time. I mean, come on, with some luck, this guy could score 20 this year in under 55 games! Doesn't that MEAN something to you people? The habs need to further develop this guys skills - (long reach, excellent shot, nose for the net, size) rather than bench him all the time. True, he seems to lack heart some nights, but I think we need to keep this guy. He seems to enjoy it here. I know he's slow, and he doesn't usually play physical, but he can score and he uses his size in front of the net and in the corners (Dave Andreychuk anyone?)

This guy probably won't get much faster or meaner, but he can learn to play with more heart. that comes from good leadership. Letting him go would be a HUGE mistake. He's just starting to develop.