Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
Barker is the guy i want, i try to imagine a top 6 in say 3 years of
barker-poti
kondratiev-tyutin
rachunek-lampman

in all seriousness i dont know if we can get barker even if we get the 5th overall choice, sather needs to trade up and get the #4 pick possibly the #3 pick to make sure we get barker, id be willing to part with a 2nd rounder on top of our pick (say 5th or 6th) to make that happen, i just hope thats enough

edge
why do u think lundmark is as good as gone? i think he is a good candidate to be dealt and i know the yotes would like him, but we will need a young player back be it that lundmark is at least proven he is 3rd line nhl material, so why do u think we move him and for what?

personally i see Barker going either way. He is either gonna be a top 3 defenseman {i dont think he's a number one} or i can see him being a complete bust. just a feeling, nothing more.

As for Lundmark, I think the Rangers are no longer sold on him as their center of the future, even if he stands out over this final stretch.

I believe that if the rangers make a serious big for that top pick, Sather would rather give lundmark up than multiple first round picks. Having said that I could also him packaging Lundmark to move up in the draft from a different spot.

Either way i dont think jamie is on next years opening night roster. Whether he pulls it off or not, Sather is going to do what Smith did and try and save his job at this draft. ironically a player who was supposed to be that fresh start in 99 might now be part of a second attempt in 2004. Hopefully the results turn out better this time.