Old
09-21-2007, 12:57 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
...a group of the players that were scratches wandered into the box tonight. lost. got to meet and talk to several of them. pihlstrom, ortmeyer, peverly, vigilante, and niskala. except for otmeyer, they looked like they were about 16 years old, had to laugh at how lost they all were, so i tried to get them to stay with us. the one i got to talk to the most was pihlstrom. what an excited kid he was to be here. i was surprised at how good his english was, which is a good thing because my finnish sucks. told him how good i thought he had looked in camp and he beamed. he was so disappointed to not be playing, told me "i've never played in front of this big a crowd before". told him maybe saturday, he said "maybe, i sure would like to play a game here". cann't help but like this kid.

..attendance was ok, listed as 13,430 there, but i would guess closer to 12 actually in the building
I saw Weber and a bunch of other players in a box under where it says Home of the 2003 Draft. We joked that he was babysitting all the young ones there. No one recognized the other ones so we all assumed they were prospects.

I'm just glad the att. was listed over 10K.

The new scoreboard is great!!!!! A few kinks to work out, like the shot counter, but it's great. The TV screen is like looking at the players through binoculars, it's so clear!

The game overall wasn't bad, sloppy here and there, but it's fun watching these young guys give their all out there trying to impress the coaches. The vets looked good. Hammer with his patented hip check.

Franson is going to be great. He's so big. He was very calm and had a nice shot on goal. And he just ragdolled some guy, that was like Weber last year against a RedWing. I think he could force himself on the team next season. I was just really impressed with him.

Arnott looked mean out there and more aggressive than I remember from last year, perhaps stepping up due to the 'C'. I like it.

Dumont will be important. He was all over the ice.

I like Bonk in front of the net. He was digging around like Hartnell did.

Quite obvious that we sat back after we got up 5-2. ATL started coming after us and we were just kind of caught standing around. But after they scored the 3rd goal we regrouped, that was good to see.

PP/PK was decent. Rookies and guys like Hordi/Toots on both groups but they were effective.

Anyways...good to be back. Good win, to be up 2-0 is nice. I wonder if it surprises some people that we're playing well, I guess we'll see how we do with the rest of these b2b games. I love our defense, it has to be one of the best in the league. With the vets play tonight and the play of some others the other night in CBJ, I'm not so worried. I like the team more and more.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote