View Single Post
Old
03-15-2004, 08:51 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
RALEIGH NEWS & OBSERVER: J.P. Giglio recently reported Carolina Hurricanes winger Jeff O'Neill believes his future with the team is uncertain and could well depend on what happens during his contract negotiations with the club this summer. O'Neill also said he felt "unwanted" after hearing news that 'Canes GM Jim Rutherford was entertaining offers for him prior to the trade deadline. If given a chance, he said he'd prefer to sign with a team that has the best chance to win a Stanley Cup, admitting the Hurricanes don't have that much hope of winning one, but added if the club made some additions that could bolster their chances then he'd prefer to stay.

Maybe McGuire was right when he said this guy was more trouble than he was worth. Seems to me he's a grade-A suck. I personally wanted him, but I could have been wrong about that one. The last thing this club needs is someone moping around the dressing room because he feels he isn't getting enough ice time. Contrast that to Kovalev, a real star, who has shown nothing but humility and level-headedness since coming over (which was a surprise to me). Looks like Gainey got the right man after all.
He's either an egomaniac or a dummy. The Canes were not close to being contenders this year, their best move is to rebuild, which they are doing. The rumours about this guy fly all the time that he has a bad attitude and that he doesn't like to fly. He's an individual that doesn't seem to fit into the very conservative NHL world, that's for sure. Could be a good or bad thing. One thing for sure, he cranks it up at playoff time. We all know that...