View Single Post
Old
03-15-2004, 10:18 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
I see some light

After having a rough time over the last 7 games (1-3-2-1), I see some light in our upcoming schedule.

In the last 7 games, we've faced 4 powerhouses (OTT, PHI, DET, BOS) and they've all beaten us. We tied St.Louis in a building that we haven't won a game in the last 14 tries. We tied Calgary in a playoff-type game. Pittsburgh was the only game we were favored to win, and we won. We're staying afloat. Optimistically speaking, we got points in 4 of the 7 games.

Having completed what I think is was the most difficult part of our schedule, we are now faced with some winnable (though by no means easy) games. We have 10 games remaining, and only 2 are against teams with a record better than us (VAN and COL).

@VAN- beatable without Bertuzzi and Jovocop. Can't be considered a powerhouse right now.
@EDM- it's going to be a battle, but our chances are just as good as theirs
@CAL- see above

Hopefully we can win 2 of the 3 left on this road trip.

ANA
@NYR
CBJ
CHI
@CHI

These 5 games are the games we must win. At worst, we need 4 of the 5. All these teams are below us in the standings by a good margin. We've had problems vs Chicago this year. That's got to change.

STL- wouldn't be sweet to clinch our playoff berth at home with a win?
@COL- I hope we've already clinched it by this point. I don't know if I will be able to take it.

Last edited by dulzhok: 03-15-2004 at 10:25 PM.