Official Game Thread: NYR-NJ
View Single Post
03-16-2004, 06:44 AM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Slowly but surely we see that what some of us has suspected is true. Either Jackass never truly gave up control of the coaching and he is dictating to Renny though Green's walkie-talkie OR we are seeing the reason for Sather's entrusting coaching to REney. He is coaching much like himself.
1. Haven't we seen quite enough of Holik & Jagr together? This is about a moronic a pairing as Leetch/Poti. Holik is a checking center. Like MJ said earlier this season, just becuase you pay a guy like Forsberg, does not make him Forsberg. Holik is not a top line player. He is supposed to be used against other teams top lines. Which brings me to
2. What is it that prevents whomever is behind the bench from properly using thier assets? Holik on the first line is assinine. He should have been going against the Devils top line (the one w/ Elias) all night. Instead he got to go against Madden. Which bringss me to
3. How many times must we watch visiting coaches dictate the line combinations inside MSG? How could Renney allow Madden to take the ice against Jagr all night long? Renney had the last change. Holik should have been used exclusively against the Elias line and Jagr should have been kept away from Madden. They have the last switch. Anyone recall when the last time the Rangers actually competnetly changed on the fly? Which brings me to
4. All the "too many men" on the ice penalties that we've had recently is yet anoter sign of poor coaching.
5. Both Hlavac & Messier got nearly 18 minutes apiece last night. This just defies logic and reasoning. Much like NOT using Holik against the other teams top lines.
6. Can anyone tell me what's the point of NOT playing your 4th line in the 3rd period? Season is over. Why is it necessary for Garth Murray to find himself stapled to the bench n the 3rd while Hlavac skates?
View Public Profile
True Blue's albums
Find More Posts by True Blue