NHL33*

vCash: 500
Avs (currently looks this way):

Smyth-Sakic-Bruno
Hlinka-Stastny-Hejduk
Wolski-Arnason-Svatos
Lappy-Guite-Richardson*
Parker

I expect Wolski and Hlinka to exchange spots frequently during the season.
* - With a wrist injury this brings up the interesting question of Hensick. If Hensick makes the roster, as a substitute for Richie, instead of, say, Rycroft being the temporary sub...where does he play? Certainly he's so gifted that it makes little sense to play him on the fourth line. I guess one could send Arnason down to the fourth line and have Hensick center the third. Or, you could just use Hensick on the fourth line and get him some NHL experience (is it better he start, say, 10 odd games and see fourth line action than fully play those games in the minors instead??) but various questions pile up.

In the end it's a great problem to have for management. A trade might happen, but if so I can't see Arnason being traded after having been re-signed. Svatos has always had trade rumors swirling around him, so he might be the odd-man out. Or maybe no trade happens. Who knows? Either way the Avs have tons of options, and many line combinations possible. It'll be fun to watch them play... Now, hopefully that defense really clicks and does well.

Expect Sakic, Hejduk, Stastny and Bruno to get the majority of points. Then Smyth and whomever.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote