View Single Post
Old
03-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Darz

vCash: 500
Truthfully, I would like to see Gainey make a pitch for O'Neill in the offseason. I wouldn't want to pay too much but if his value is down....

Look at it this way. His value is at a low point, could possiblely be it's lowest point of his career. If we could get this guy cheap I think he could become a really good addition. Imagine a year or two ago if there was mention of Montreal landing this guy. We would be jumping up and down.
As for his 'whining', I think it's a case of a guy saying how he actually feels instead of the proper answers. Lots of players feel the same way O'Neill does about certain things, but give the standard 'just happy to be here', 'happy to go their' answers to the media. I mean Patrick Roy stated he didn't want to play for team Canada at the '02 games if he wasn't ensured the starters role, and made the whole 'last game in Montreal' comment and he still somehow found a way to be a value addition to the Av's. Also, if Kovalev can be considered a true proffesional after coming here, why couldn't O'Neill. I mean if you look at Kovalev's and O'Neill's track records, you can't say O'Neill's is worse than Kovy's.