View Single Post
Old
09-25-2007, 11:06 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
IMO, we just don't have the shear talent to have 3 scoring lines.

I like the checking line role that can chip in offensively with Bonk and Gelinas much better.

That being said, you know that Trotz NEEDS to tinker with the lines.....it is in his genetic makeup.
I would much rather him be doing it now for the first time, in preseason, rather than when we hit our first bump in the road and lose two straight.

I think that it won't take long for wily veterans like Bonk and Gelinas to make the best use of Radulov on their line, and that familiarity should help in any PP situations that they may find themselves together in, in the future.

Also, if Ortmeyer is being tried with Legwand and Erat it means that Tootoo is not, which is a good thing.
Give Ortmeyer the chance to prove he has anything different than stone hands here in preseason.

And on the Fiddler note, I am no Fiddler fan, but I recall seeing more "beautiful wasted passes" to Kariya than Fiddler last year. I think he has done all that you can ask of him so far this preseason with Arnott and Dumont in Sully's absence. I also think he has complimented those two well so far by being the first one in to dig out the puck and has shown good hockey sense to be at the right place at the right time at the net to be on the receiving end of their skill.
Fiddler gets more than his share of grief around here. His versatility is a HUGE asset, in my mind.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote