View Single Post
Old
09-26-2007, 09:29 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
A simple poll, which appears to be a grab of the top point producers by 'position' from last season with the addition of a name acquisition in Poti. No surprise and nothing to be outraged over, IMO. And given it is ESPN, I am not expecting much with regard to the preview.

While a little research would eliminate listing Clymer as a D, that is a mistake based on nhl.com and other sites failure to update his position; so one looks at games played and his stats assuming he played D and runs with it. It is the most likely mistake one will see from someone that doesn't know about this team and while they probably should have listed Nylander (or Kozlov), Clark is not an outrageous option to list based on the last couple of seasons; don't think anyone would select him of the three, but it is not like they listed Brashear.

Well, only my opinion, but I wasn't upset over the prediction about the team for the upcoming season in that other preview; plenty of unknowns regarding this team, as well as many other teams and there will be other previews and predictions this preseason that will paint the Caps with a similar brush at the high level. My issues were related to the development of the themes with flawed supporting information and the lack of fact-checking, as well as the tone. As pointed out in the other thread, some basic and simple research would have eliminated many of the mistakes. It is the reason I posted the links to the other previews and the claims about their work product by the organization circulating that piece. And I may not have posted in that thread, if not for the 'defense' posted in the thread itself, which gave insight into the dated and biased perspective of the 'author', as well as a lack of interest in learning much, if anything, about the current team before writing a preview.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 09-26-2007 at 09:48 AM.
sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote