View Single Post
Old
03-16-2004, 06:00 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
There were allegedly four teams willing to take him, but the offers were not particularly attractive. Teams assumed that the Caps were only interested in dumping salary, and this was not the case. The Capitals are prepared to keep Kolzig unless the return is worth losing what he provides in net. I happen to think that he will be dealt myself, given the wealth of goaltending talent in the system, but it will be for a decent collection of promising youth, not a salary dump arrangement.
i believe you when it comes to what you want, but i still dont understand who wants him for that price. of course teams thought he was being moved in a salary dump - its the only way they can move him. if somebody takes on that salary - its a miracle and youre probably not getting anything of value back. if you think that the caps are going to get a "decent collection of promising youth"- they will have to eat that salary. do you think he will bring back a brian leetch (debateable the rangers got enough) kind of package at that price?no way. he wouldnt gring back that much if they DID eat his salary. i think most of the rumours of kolzigs imminent departure originated FROM washington. no way the avs or ottawa were going to take on that salary - and i dont think either team needed him. TO/philly maybe wanted him as insurance - but not at that price. in the off season no team will be dealing from desperation - no way he moves for more than a pick or low prospect without the contract being partially eaten.