View Single Post
Old
09-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
I doubt that. I suspect they sit one defenseman and two forwards on their 23-man roster, not one forward and two defensemen. I expect that of Boumedienne, Eminger, and Green... one plays, one sits, and there isn't room for the other.

That leaves Poti, Pothier, Morrisonn and Jurcina as solid, and Erskine probably set as well, mainly because few other options on defense bring the same tool set.

So for one of the three in question (Eminger, Boumedienne, Green), either you trade him, allow him to return to Europe, or demote him to Hershey. Green is the only one not subject to waivers.
I don't think it will be for long, but for the first week or two, I think they do. Until either someone gets hurt (which is a distinct possibility) or gets traded (the more likely of the two). Boomer isn't a good defenseman, and I think the team realizes this, but letting him walk back to Europe is probably not the most simple of decisions. I think they try to get something for him before they let him walk out. Moving Eminger is also likely as well (though I think they'd keep Boomer and move Eminger first).

If that means cutting Laich loose or trying to send a Clymer/Bradley through waivers, then that'd be the case. But I just think they're handcuffed into what they can do. You can pick up a 3rd or 4th line forward down the road a lot easier than you can get a decent 5th-6th defenseman (if that's what the team thinks they have). Heck, you could sign a 4th forward off the street or pull him up from Hershey without losing a beat.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote