View Single Post
Old
09-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Blatherblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17 View Post
Why? Because they upgraded their goaltending?

I think every team other than Tampa Bay will be better. Carlolina's last season was a fluke, they will play better this season. Florida is just like the Caps IMO, very good young talent that will keep getting better. Atlanta wasn't as good as people thought they were at the start of last season (Tarik saying they were a cup contender was a joke), but at the same time they are not as bad as people are saying they were at the end of last season. Tampa Bay is IMO stuck in neutral right now, they aren't getting better and they aren't getting worse.
I'm not a Caps fan but I agree with this assessment. SE should be a pretty tight division. I think Florida will be good, probably ahead of the Caps. Their offense is close to the Caps and their defense is significantly better in my opinion. I like the Caps' addition of Poti though, he's much improved since his early years. Tampa Bay may struggle to begin the year with Boyle out, but should be a contender for the top of the division.

Carolina should be better, but I'm not sure by how much. I don't think Ward is capable of putting up a consistent season yet, which is probably their biggest problem, along with a mediocre defense (yes, which won the Cup). Atlanta definitely has issues. Their defense looks pretty porous. Not sold on their offense beyond Kovy and Hossa either.

I think the Caps will finish 3rd or 4th in the division but it should be pretty close.

Blatherblah is offline   Reply With Quote