View Single Post
Old
09-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Biscuit Bullet

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatherblah View Post
I'm not a Caps fan but I agree with this assessment. SE should be a pretty tight division. I think Florida will be good, probably ahead of the Caps. Their offense is close to the Caps and their defense is significantly better in my opinion. I like the Caps' addition of Poti though, he's much improved since his early years. Tampa Bay may struggle to begin the year with Boyle out, but should be a contender for the top of the division.

Carolina should be better, but I'm not sure by how much. I don't think Ward is capable of putting up a consistent season yet, which is probably their biggest problem, along with a mediocre defense (yes, which won the Cup). Atlanta definitely has issues. Their defense looks pretty porous. Not sold on their offense beyond Kovy and Hossa either.

I think the Caps will finish 3rd or 4th in the division but it should be pretty close.
Florida's offense can't touch Washington's with a 10-foot pole. Their defense is better, and their goaltending is slightly better, not necessarily because Vokoun is better than Kolzig, but because he'll be able to play more games.

Biscuit Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote