View Single Post
Old
03-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
Regardless of whether it's tongue in cheek, they're still voting on it in city council later in the month. Didn't the Sens do something like this last year too where they tried to get people to come to the Corel Centre and turn in their Leaf jerseys in exchange for tickets? It just seems sad to me that one of the most talented and exciting teams in the league still harbours this pathetic inferiority complex towards the Leafs. Get over it.

I wouldn't say that though. The problem with the Sens is a double edged sword here in Ottawa. Before the Sens were hatched there were alot of Montreal - Toronto - Boston fans in that order. So they had some problems converting the diehard fans into Sens supporters. So in thier infinite wisdom they decide to alienate the Leaf fans by making sure even on non playing nights they black out any Ontario Region game featuring the Leafs. Of course we all know Ottawa has a huge french speaking population and they NEVER take the Hab games off of TV ever. Which has put most of the Ottawa based Leaf fans in a corner.

Not to mention the obsession of the Leafs from the media in Ottawa makes an artificial hatred appear. Add how they are usually close in standings and the games getting rougher between the 2 clubs eventually we are going to have some twit go to far and hurt another teams fan in this city.

And this could all be fixed by non extreme media coverage making a hatred of the other team and by little stunts like this by the city council