A chance to finish 4th?
View Single Post
03-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by
There are only 3 teams in the East that sort of scare me right now:
Here's who I fear, and in what order:
1. Tampa Bay: they are a hot, dangerous team who seem to be getting it done in every area that matters. I'd rather someone else tangled with them in round one.
2. New Jersey: Brodeur is money in the playoffs, and I always fear him against the Habs. They aren't as scary minus Stevens (and perhaps Rafalski), but they are a "team" team, and those guys always do well in the playoffs.
3. Ottawa: These guys should be number one, but they look disorganized, and their goaltending is still shaky. This isn't their year. They are making too many mistakes, and the Habs are the kind of team right now that takes advantage of mistakes.
4. Toronto: Too slow, crappy defensive-zone play. Too many big chiefs, not enough little Indians. They've managed to turn themselves into the new Rangers. Ferguson showed very little imagination at the deadline, grabbing big names while failing to address their main needs. They have given up more goals than any other team with a playoff seed right now. That doesn't bode well for them.
5. Philly: I think they're going out in round one. Their goaltending is
shaky, and they're chokers, as the poster said above.
6. Boston: Bring 'em on. We own the Bruins, and they are terrified at the prospect of playing us. They are a one-line team, and we've got a great shut-down line.
Last edited by Guy Caballero: 03-17-2004 at
View Public Profile
Guy Caballero's albums
Find More Posts by Guy Caballero