View Single Post
Old
10-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
I think to a certain % it remains to be seen.

It also depends on how chippy as a team we want to be, if we want guys like Dubinsky and Callahan to start take libertys on the ice for example we better always have Orr dressed.

In the end I am leaning towards beeing in favor of dressing Orr for just about all games, maybe we can rest him on some nights, playing him 75 games or something. Not necessary because I see allot of terrible stuff gooing down unless we dress him; I am not afraid of that at all. Like we have seen before, Orr won't really prevent anything, or having a goon don't prevent anything. Ottawa had their goons dressed and Downie still ran McAmmond. But because I belive having Orr on the bench got a positive impact on how guys like Callahan, Staal, Dubinsky, Avery, Tyutin among others will play. And I think its really important that thoose guys are comfortable.

I thought about this lineup for a while;
Straka-Drury-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-Shanny
Prucha-Betts-Hossa
Avery-Dubinsky-Callahan
Malik-Roz
Tyutin-Mara
Staal-Girardi

I don't think that lineup would have any more toughness issues then our team had 1-2 seasons ago when Orr was dressed. They would have had much more team toughness then thoose versions of the NYR.

But on the other hand in the end I just think its more important to give the young kids we do got now that extra confidence, to protect guys like Staal, Tyutin, Dubinsky and Callahan even more; in two-three years we can live on the team toughness we have developed, like Detroit often have for example, they basically didn't carry a goon for more then 1/3 of the games the last two seasons.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote