View Single Post
Old
03-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Beukeboom Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks&flames
i better not get laughed at like poor guy who made the last thread regarding this. How can this team not be considered as a stanley cup contender? heres a question for you: who was more of a contender last year, detroit or anaheim? YEAH ANAHEIM I THOUGHT SO. They proved everyone wrong including me, who predicted them out in 4, first round breakfast food. Just like carolina the year before, washington a while back, etc., etc. This team has all the tools to be this years sleeper: Goalie who's just as good as giguere, very good offense, better than average defense with a big stopper(just like carney), and lots of defensive forwards.

Its ridiculous how the last guy got treated, because "oh yeah because theyve been on a hot streak theyre suddenly a stanley cup contender? Haw haw haw what a nidiot". Well guess what that last hot streak and this one is getting them into the playoffs....and anyone who makes the playoffs can go all the way. so calgary, montreal, Even new york can go all the way.

So guess what guys: MONTREAL IS A LEGIT CUP CONTENDER, AND THERES NOTHING YOU LEAF FANS/ BOSTON FANS CAN DO.

and no im not a habs fan, as my name should indicate.

BTW what do you think of my prediction for the finals: SAN JOSE VS OTTAWA.
So by your logic, every team that make the play-off's is a "Legit Cup Contender". I know they're smoking right now, but I'd still put them about 7th in the eastern conference.

I think that recent play-off's have shown it just depends who gets hot.

It's just hard to see the Habs surviving 4 7 games series against teams that are theoritically better than they are. I just have a hard time envisioning the Habs beating 4 of their likely opponents (Flyers, Bruins, Lightning, Senators, Leafs, Devils, Detroit/Colorado.) I'm hoping that they do well, but it's a really tough road to hoe.

Last edited by Beukeboom Fan: 03-17-2004 at 06:22 PM.