View Single Post
Old
10-02-2007, 07:39 PM
thrill_me_mogilny

vCash: 500
I can't think of paid coaches either, other than the OHL. Mind you in the GTA it isn't uncommon to have NHLers and AHLers volunteer. At this stage of the game no way would I pay the equivalent of university tuition($5000) for coaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javorka View Post
Oddly, as far as I know (and I've been around a long time ) there has never been high school hockey here. On the other hand, maybe it's not so odd - there are so many opportunities for kids to play hockey outside of school that it's probably a better use of time (and finances) to offer other activities.
Same here in the GTA. There are so many hockey opportunities outside of school that it wouldn't make sense to have a high school programme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javorka View Post
I agree with everything you said - except maybe the part about the coffee. Tim Horton's came into our area about five years ago and, like everywhere else, has taken over the market. People were bringing their own TH coffee into the arenas, and minor hockey ended up sending letters to the coaches asking them to ask their teams not to do that - in our area minor hockey operates the concessions in the arenas and makes the profit ie. they get the money, not THs.
The concessions aren't open for the 06:30 practices LOL. I don't mind paying snacks at the rink though because it's less fundraising for the parents.

thrill_me_mogilny is offline   Reply With Quote