View Single Post
Old
10-02-2007, 11:33 PM
EmptyNetter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddehJuS
I've played nothing but open hockey since I started playing which is about 10 months ago.
Quote:
I'm kinda bummed since the team has felt they relied on me and I let them down.
Quote:
But, last night before the game, one of the players was talking to another and saying that he thinks me and another player would be able to help keep them competitive.
Here's what I don't get. Why is your team putting so much pressure on you when you've only played for 10 months? No matter how promising a player you might be and no matter how many lessons you may have had you're still a beginner. You need to allow yourself to make plenty of mistakes in the course of learning. And it's likely you won't have fun if you don't allow yourself to goof up once in awhile. Most important your team mates need to step up and not count on you to do everything. Everybody needs to learn their position and be prepared to carry the puck.

I hope you have a great season. I'll be starting my second season of league play. Big turnover from last season but that might be a good thing. We had a big problem with attendance so our 7 or 8 skaters were constantly humiliated (and exhausted) by rosters twice our size. We also have a plan to practice together (we didn't last season). Hopefully having more line changes and knowing our positions will make a difference.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote