View Single Post
Old
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Speaking of Trotz, I wanted to open up a little more discussion on him.

At the end of last year, we all had many debates on whether or not Trotz should stay after our end of the year collapse. As we know, Trotz was given another deal for the upcoming season. I wonder how much Poile knew about the ownership issue when making the decision to keep Trotz and whether or not that would have a huge effect on the signing of Trotz. If Poile knew about the ownership issue and the fact that he'd have to shed salary, keeping Trotz on board made sense. Keeping Trotz would provide some stability and who knows how hard of a time Poile would have in finding another coach.

Saying that, what happens with Trotz by the end of the year in your guys opinion? Does he get a free pass, since the team has been gutted? Does the team's performance even get considered?

I'm not trying to turn this into a bash Trotz or turn it into the usual Fire-Keep debate. I just want to see some others opinions on what Poile's philosophy is going to be.

I do think this team fits in more with Trotz's mindset, a more grinding, hardworking team. (How he handles it, well thats a different thread ).

And while we're on the subject, are we even sure Poile will remain here?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote