View Single Post
Old
10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10032007...trangely_s.htm

Brooks laments Gomez not being on the first PP unit. This is something that may become an issue if not managed properly. There just isn't enough PP ice time to go around for everyone. My biggest thing is to keep the look the Rangers had last season. Look at Gomez - 23 assists last season on the PP. Look at Nylander - 23 assists on the PP last season. Look at Drury - 10 assists on the PP last season, but 17 goals. I dunno.

I do like two PP looks, but so long as the five best players at those positions are on the first PP. I don't believe in spreading the wealth. It's like having a machine that does many things well but nothing great. The first PP unit will get the majority of the ice time and needs to be the best cohesive unit with the best player at each positions starting with Jagr on the right. If that means Gomez in the middle being better than Drury, so be it. And if Gomez is in the middle and Drury's better than Prucha on the left, then so be it (unless Drury is better on the left point than Straka). There's many ways to spin it, but it's needs to be the best unit it can be.

It's no big deal, right now. Doesn't mean anything.

Renney has to do some experimenting and try different combos to see what works the best and gives this team the best balance and depth. This was expected.

At this point nothing is written in stone. Hell, Renney always tries out different combos.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote