View Single Post
Old
10-03-2007, 02:05 PM
vopatsrash

vCash: 500
I got the feeling around the time of the draft that Poile was really frustrated with the situation and wanted out. Then, it seemed like his general attitude and outlook improved once he realized that the team might stay and probably wouldn’t let other teams talk to him (around the ticket-thon). I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him leave if this team moves or is a lame duck. I think he’d want to and I think they’d let him.

Here are the scenarios in which Trotz gets fired, imo…
-If this team is healthy and wins fewer than 8 of their first 20.
-The team makes the playoffs and loses in the first round. (unless they fight and scratch to the 8th seed, play mighty Detroit in the first round, scratch and claw to take them to 7 games and lose in OT in game 7).
-The team is generally healthy, hangs around the 6-9 seed most of the season, then finishes 2-10 or something to be 12th.
-The team is in first place for the entire season, goes to complete crap in March and misses the playoffs completely (I’m a Mets fan…I had to include that scenario…)

Here are the scenarios in which Trotz retains his job, imo
-If there are multiple major injuries (in addition to Sully) and they start with about 4-9 wins out of the first 20, but play with a lot of grit, effort, and fight, he will get the benefit of the doubt.
-the team advances past the first round of the playoffs.
-The team has a normal to high amount of injuries/adversity, fights and claws admirably and finishes 9th in the west, a point or two out of 8th.

Imo, any scenario where he retains his job, despite not advancing past the first round of the playoffs will include having to replace at least one assistant.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote