View Single Post
Old
03-18-2004, 10:42 AM
ehc73

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Av
There's no way the Bertuzzi incident got more media attention than the Madrid train bombing. Come on now. NBC Nightly News and the rest of the big networks spent most of their telecasts on the situation in Spain since the bombing last Thursday. Bertuzzi barely got a 10 second mention by Tom Brokaw as "Hockey's Hit Man".
I guess it depended on the station. I think it was CNN where their major headline was Bertuzzi's punch instead of Madrid's train bombings. And CNN wonders how Fox News has surpassed them in ratings...

PecaFan, your pool picks are like a voodoo doll or something. My sister was like that whenever she participated in the family hockey pool. John LeClair? Back surgery, gone for all but 10 games. Donald Audette? Severed tendons, gone for almost the whole season.

My disappointments are the number of 0-0 ties(which wouldn't be so bad if there were quality scoring chances, but there weren't), Mario's bad luck with injuries and the child-like banter between the NHL and the NHLPA during the whole CBA negotiation process(or lack thereof).