View Single Post
Old
03-18-2004, 10:44 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
I've been a backer of Dale for a while now

But I think that we have to look at his year and the stance he took earlier in the season about not wanting to go to Hartford for the conditioning stint.

Pretty much each year he's been a pro, he's developed an aspect of his game. He really started opening my eyes last season and I expected better things from him this season, but he's not really that fleet of foot and Sather wanted an up-tempo style from the D and he didn't fit. When the defenceman started dropping Dale was out of game shape and the reluctance to report to the Wolfpack (as was his right and I don't deny him that right) obviously set him back.

This year could have been a big development step for him as a player and it turned out to be a step, but in the wrong direction.

As much as I was proud to watch him grow as a player, he doesn't provide enough to warrant bringing back.

With regards to his pugilistic nature, some guys are quick on the draw to get the upper hand. Not all fighters are straight up as Barnaby. I've seen the best in the league do what he's done on more than one occassion.

As for what he did to Cairns? I have no problem with that as Cairns gloves had already hit the ice which means he was willing to go and got caught. I do have a problem that Dale didn't go with him in the next game. That was a no-no.

But my thoughts are really all about next year and beyond. Dale is an anchor that will weigh this team down if what we are looking for is an up-tempo styled team and if that is in fact the case, then Dale is a problem as he is not that fast and would pose a problem in this line-up on a regular basis.