View Single Post
Old
03-18-2004, 11:47 AM
English Hab

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG#60
Could somebody give a quick translation of what #44 said please?
sure this is what it said!!!

"Koivu plays the best hockey of his career"
- Sheldon Souray
Saku Koivu counts 17 points to his last 14 matches.

Wednesday March 17, 2004 - (RDS and PC) - If the amateurs and French-speaking commentators are not all convinced that Saku Koivu is a big captain and big leader, it is certainly not the opinion of Sheldon Souray, the big injuried defender who should come back Friday, against the Devils of the New Jersey, his old team.

"I had Scott Stevens as captain in the New Jersey, he is the biggest of the warriors, and I see some Stevens in Koivu. He is playing the best hockey of his career since I known him."

There are good players here, and if one is named captain even though he is young, it is because someone saw something in him."

Claude Julian is an another one that didn't hesitate to praise leadership exercised by his captain in the last right of it.

Since Koivu had an altercation a few weeks ago with Mike Ribeiro, the Canadian shows a record of 11-2-0-1, that means a harvest of 23 points on a possibility of 28. With such a sequence, the Canadian sat down in the driver's seat in view of a recent standings.

Since the incidental Koivu-Ribeiro, the captain of the Canadian claims four goals and 13 assists. For his part, at the time of the same sequence, the small 71 count is five goals and nine assists.

hope that helps for any english speaking Habs fans.... its been ages since i've had to do that much translating... not since high school... when i was 15... last time i spoke french properly thank god i've retained some knowledge and that rather expensive dictionary my school made me buy!!!!

read on fellow fans!!!