View Single Post
Old
10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

vCash: 500
Yeah I agree with the majority of posters, you'll only get better if you WANT it. I'm 26, and coming up on my second year and I don't think I'm even close to my potential. I only play about 2 games a week, but I do frequently do off ice puck handling n' stuff.

You really have to want it. You have to train your body, exercise, and condition yourself for the game. Eventually I think you reach a point where if you don't do this, you'll never get better because you can't physically do it. I've been training my legs for a few months now and its paid off so much already, and I'm a better player because of it.

Don't buy into the negative BS. Just because many of us didn't grow up playing doesn't mean we can't improve as long as we work at it. I started the same time as my younger brother, who's 15, and he SHOULD be developing faster than me but its not the case at all. I think while he spends his free time playing online RPG's, I'm doing stick drills in my kitchen.

And it does help to have an athletic background. I played baseball little league as a kid, front yard basketball and street football, and several years of martial arts. All that helped A LOT.

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote