View Single Post
Old
03-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
You have to be able to create something out of those turnovers. What is bugging me here is that you are saying that Bullis and Sundstrom are better hockey players then Koivu and Ribeiro because they can play the trap. In this case, Lafleur, Gretzky and Lemieux are not good hockey players then.
I think you've misunderstood what I'm saying.

Sundstrom and Bulis are role players; complementary players. Meaning they complement the offensive catalysts like Koivu and Ribeiro. There's no doubt Koivu and Ribeiro are more important to the team's success, but players like Sundstrom and Bulis support them in the process and do their job well.

Both know their role, and do the dirty work--as in playing a thankless role, going up against the opposition's top line, excelling on the PK, and making the coach's system work properly. That doesn't make them more talented or more important, but it makes them important to the team's success nonetheless.

My point was to whoever posted that Bulis and Sundstrom could be cast away and replaced by some rookies that think offense-first.