View Single Post
Old
03-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Park #2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
in general...but looking at Tambellini currently, he's 6th in scoring on Michigan, which puts him where in the CCHA? Dawes, by comparison, is near the top in his league in goals scored and has nearly doubled the goals scored output of his teammates. I don't think the comparison is CCHA vs. WHL as much as it is Dawes, right now, vs. Tambellini, right now. Nobody's saying that 10 goals in the WHL is equal to 10 goals in the CCHA - but when one player's near the tops in a league, and is far and away a more prolific scorer on his team, and who has played in international competition - well, then, I think you have a different story.

Heck, Dwight Helminen, albeit one year older than Tambellini, on the same team, has been a bit more productive. Is he that far off the top 50? I'm not sure a lot of people would put him in the top 100.
You are making ridiculous comparisons. Zach Parise, who is considered one of the top prospects in the world has 20 goals. Is he comparable to Helminen? By your logic he would be. Of course he 's not.