View Single Post
Old
10-05-2007, 10:44 PM
MikeD

vCash: 500
IF you take good care of the gear it can last for VERY VERY long times. I know some guys who have had pants, shoulders, gloves (repalmed a few times) and such for over a decade.

never leave it wet in the gear bag, never leave it in the cold to freeze when wet, keep it out of direct sunlight and out of a musty basement, air dry after every use, and consider having it cleaned (ozone cleaning is fast and cheap) twice to 3 times a season.....easily, good quality gear will last an adult year round ice player for many many years.

Most of my current gear is Pro level, cost top dollar in 2000 and today looks very well. The care you give it determines your ice gears longevity. I agree that you spend top dollar on the most important pieces. Helmet, jock, skates, shoulders....but if you intend to give it all good care, dont look at pricetags. Just get pro level gear that fits you well.

as for pants and fit, it depends on your preference. Some guys take most of the inseam stitching out for the total loose fit. Other guys i know like a more snug fit. Some models allow you to adjust the inseams for a custom individual fit . Do the research and look at the gear A LOT before you drop top dollar.

Last edited by MikeD: 10-05-2007 at 10:49 PM.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote