View Single Post
Old
03-18-2004, 05:51 PM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
The article says that.... The Leafs were concerned that he went home rather then play in St. Johns. He has his own reasons, but it is concerning to an organization when the send a player to their top minor league team, and he becomes depressed and returns to Russia.
He became depressed because there were no other Russians on St. John's. Picture yourself as a twenty year old, being away from your family and not even having someone around who speaks your language. Yeah the kid could have stayed but he had an option to return to Russia and took it. What is wrong with that.

In Russia he played on a playoff team and gained some valuable experience. Why is everyone making a big deal out of this? I know why. Because, like Umberger, he didn't cave in to the almighty GM's who only have the best interests of their prospects in mind. Yeah Right. Toronto didn't like the fact that this kid went back to Russia and they couldn't play Yo Yo with him whenever someone got hurt. Kondratiev wanted stability, so he went back to Russia.

End of story. The kid will be in the NHL next year, a better player then if he played Yo Yo all season.