View Single Post
Old
10-06-2007, 03:34 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I have to disagree. The cheap stuff comes out of textile mills in China. Good materials come from Canada, US and japan. The materials used for player gear is no different. With the exception of my leg pad faces being jenpro, its pretty much the same same. Defender nylon, found in high end products will outlast any of the chinese made cordura found in the cheap products. Sunlight alone will bring that crap to an early grave. Many of the stitching that uses kevlar reinforcement will outlast any of the cheapo chinese made threading.

Not only does that alcohol/water mix work great for preventing and removing odors, does not harm materials AND it can be used to make SLUSHY ice packs for those hard to ice areas like an ankle or elbow. mixed 3:1 part water works a bit better as an icepack.
Idk about materials and individual components...but most everything says made in China, Thailand, etc. I just looked my stuff over, and that's what it says. My expensive composite hockey stick? Mexico, yippy!

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote