look at this rangers destroyed hockey
View Single Post
03-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Just to remind you of some other teams fiscal responsibility...
1) Blues signing Joe Murphy for $3M per year when elite players made that jack. They also signed both Shanahan and Stevens as RFA's.
2) Dallas signing Lumme, Audette & Turgeon to big money deals in one offseason. Then come back the next year and sign Guerin, Boucher & Young.
3) The Coyotes signing Brian Savage to a 4 year $14M contract, and Tony Amonte to a 4 year $26M contract.
4) The Isles giving RFA's Peca $4M and Yashin $9M which can now be used in arbitration hearing
5) The Blues giving Pronger a $10M per year deal right before Blake was set to sign with LA. Add in the Blues paying Weight $9.5 & Tkachuk $11M per year.
6) The Panthers giving P Bure a $10M contract
7) The Canadians signing Audette, Czerkawski, McKay & Rivet to crazy contracts.
I'm not saying the Rangers don't take some blame in the whole financial debacle. The one thing is that the Rangers CAN afford to pay those salaries, and did operate within the rules. The real issue with the League is that certain teams can afford to pay salary levels that other organizations can't.
Last edited by Beukeboom Fan: 03-18-2004 at
View Public Profile
Beukeboom Fan's albums
Find More Posts by Beukeboom Fan