Old
10-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Senor Rational

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Senor Rational
Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNetter View Post

Gloves were a little different. Instead of detergent I mixed some Murphy's Oil Soap into the water -- I read on a website that it's a better choice for keeping the leather from drying out. I hung everything up to drip dry and like MikeD says it took a few days, but since I was only playing once a week it I had plenty of time.

Pretty much just did the exact same thing and it worked real well.

I put my gloves in the basement sink with hot water, 1/3 cup of Murphy's oil soap, a little bit of laundry detergent and fabric softener.

I let them sit in water for an hour.I had to refreshen the water four times. I was tempted to put some bleach in there but I was afraid the bleach would dry out the leather. I then put them in the wash.

I washed them on a warm gentle cycle. After they came out of the wash I hung them out to dry...took three days for them to dry, and they still stank. I sprayed a bit of ozium in them and put two laundry sheets in them. They smelt pretty good!

Next test is how long can I keep them smelling good, I play to spray a little ozium, put some laundry sheets in then, and then let them sit out. Ill post further updates on my findings!

Senor Rational is offline   Reply With Quote