View Single Post
Old
03-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I find it so hilarious how all the american writers who don't watch the sport of hockey are calling on its savagery and wishing for its failure because of this one incident, proving only that they have never watched a game.

However (not to generalize to much), but this is coming from a land in which NASCAR (something that garners better ratings then hockey) is cheered for its extreme crashes. I'd be willing to bet my spongebob squarepants boxers that many many more people have died performing in nascar, then they have hockey at the professional level.
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but this isn't even a comparable sport at this point in time as far as ratings go. Nascar is killing hockey in the States. I think the latest ratings report I heard of said that American curling outdrew the NHL down in the States. CURLING.

The other one they mentioned was that last XFL game drew a 3 share of the market, while hockey was hovering around the 1 mark.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, start taking some teams out of the south and bring them back up north. I have no clue as to why the NHL is sticking with it down south, it can't be for the money.

OK, you can go back to the topic at hand.