Thread: CCM Skates
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
CCM Skates

So I have this player who just started skating and his mom came up to me today and asked me if I could sharpen her son's skates. I told her..."no problem."

Then when I got the skates in my hand I noticed that it didn't have nay blades, just a thin strip of metal running down a teflon holder.

So I was wondering if any member in the forum has run across these skates and how do you sharpen the blades.

They are CCM Vector 100 ZB with T' Blades. (M-13-256) US Pat: 5,769,434

So they look like all you do is use a key, remove the blade, and throw the old one away and pop in a new blade each time.

Here's the $50.00 question.... How much are the replacement blades and where do you get them?

I went on the CCM web site and they don't say anything about this skate. Was it one of those...."Oops, we made a piece of S**T product and now we can't sell it!"

The parent told me that they normally cost $500.00 and she said that she bought them on EBay for $50.00 She said she got a steal. However, If you can't get replacement blades, I think she didn't get a steal, or a deal.

Any suggestions on how I can find replacement blades for her.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Head Coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote