View Single Post
Old
10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Ducks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc37 View Post
Just wanted to tack a story onto this thread cause was just discussing this one guy we all played drop-in with last night after our game. It started with me mentioning this guy I played with wears original CCM Tacks with kangaroo leather and steel holders But then my teammates were like...ohhhh that guy. And rattled off the fact he wears like a vintage Red Wings jersey as well as all vintage CCM and Cooper equipment. And also with the non-bulkiness of his stuff, it all fits into like a tiny gym bag. Apparently he dude bought his stuff brand new in like the 50-60s and is still using them after playing in the leagues for forever.

I'd mention he was quite deceiving, thinking we need to take it easy on the old guy, but he plays a nice brand of Nic Lidstrom defense still!
Lol yeah, a guy I play pickup with on Tuesday nights still has the old cooper shoulder pads. I think it's great, they definately don't make him look like a NFL linebacker like some of the guys' pads, and really it's all you need for non-check hockey.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote