View Single Post
Old
03-19-2004, 11:09 AM
jonny5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8
Ryder has always had these hurdles to overcome. Look at his junior career in Hull.It seems he is one of those 'slow starters' that takes a while to get going. I think it has to do with the fact that his success is about hard work more than just pure skills.
I totally agree with you that Ryder has always been a slow starter. He would be the first one to agree with you that its not pure talent, and its not pure skills , but the hard work ethic that has worked for him. Slow starts yes, the 3yrs. in Hull was a progression of getting better. That's my point!! In Hull he was given ice time for each of the 3yrs. and he kept getting better each year. When he went to Quebec, it was not until part way thru his 3rd. year, last year, that Julien was finally given permission (after alot of convincing with Savard by Julien) to use Ryder how he saw fit, and he has continued to improve since.
As for the question of another poster about the hurdles and adversities, I'm sorry, but I will have to let "sleeping dogs lie" on that one. Don't want to open up a whole new can of worms here a provide some poster to start a thread digging into Michael's past experiences with a major member of the front office of the Habs. Sorry, but this is my last comment on this subject as I have taken it too far already. Anyway, Michael Ryder is certainly one of the young bright spots in the Habs future!!!