View Single Post
Old
03-19-2004, 10:11 AM
SumOfUs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
They are easily better IMO, but I am also confident that the Avs, Nucks, Stars and Blues are able to beat those teams.
Your opinion is completely biased. How many Eastern games do you watch? Saying that the Wings are easily better than the Sens, Leafs, Flyers and Bruins is plain ridiculous. Although these 4 teams don't have as good a record as the Wings, they are just as good if not better. I watch games from both conferences on a regular basis and I tell you, there is indeed a gap this year. However, unlike in the past, the East is the superior conference. I'm sick of all you westerners counting the East out. In the past the east was weak but now it's the dominant conference in the league. You'll see come the SC final, the East will take it.

Wings aside, the West looks terrible this year compared to expectations. The Avalanche were expected to run away with the league and look where they sit now. In the middle of a Northeast roadtrip that has so far resulted in a schooling. The Canucks, although a great team, will not be the same after the Bertuzzi incident. The Sharks have proven a lot this season but no way do they have the depth of the Eastern teams. The Stars are probably the best team in the West and the only team in the west I believe would seriously threaten the 4 eastern teams mentioned above in a series. Blues? You've got to be kidding me. Any of those 4 teams from the east could handily eliminate them.

I really don't understand why you think the West is so great because this year it is not. This is probably due to a lack of exposure to the East. The power of the confrences began to shift last year and now it is complete. The East is the better conference, and that will be evident come playoff time.