Old
03-19-2004, 11:27 AM
tytech

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Flyers Notes | Kapanen may play defense in playoffs

By Tim Panaccio

not happening. he won't make an impact on defense because there are 6 guys better than him playing. that isn't something you can just decide to do in the playoffs.

I'm sick of your negativity and assuredness. You have some inside information that makes you right all the time? Funny that Therien isn't here anymore when you promised that we should all deal with and accept that he would be here till season's end.

Kapanen played great defense thus far. He is a miniature Johnsson and he created some nice rushes from our end. He can tie up a defender as well as Johnson can and also hit better then Johnsson. That's pretty good considering he isn't a defensman and Johnsson is our best. I'd rather Kaps over an inexperienced simialr style player like Seids playing.

It isn't all about clearing the front of the net. That's how you get penalties. It's about tying up the stick and making sure your player doesn't get a scoring chance. Lidstrom is the NHL' s best defensman and I don't remember him clearing anyone. Neidermeyer either.