View Single Post
Old
03-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster
I see Dogs games fairly often when in Hamilton. Good cheap hockey. Yes, Hainsey is changing his style. His play in his own zone is much better and he's becoming a more complete player which means Jarvis is getting to him, I think. His +- is a good indication. I think the thing with Hainsey is that he makes it look so easy.

I think most of us have been or will be called Hollywood at some point...;-)
We'll have to disagree regarding Hainsey.

He's prone to a giveaway a period from what I've seen, and still has trouble containing the cycle game.

Offensively Hainsey still tries to do too much. He'll rush down the middle with the puck, have four opponents converge on him and he'll lose the puck. I've seen him do this every game, and it's never come close to working.

When he's surrounded with such highly skilled players there's no valid reasoning to try to do it all by himself. Every other player in Hamilton uses their teammates well and pass the puck well (perhaps too much), while Hainsey often does not.

I hope to see Hainsey improve and work hard in camp, but at this point I feel that he has not improved at all since his draft year.