View Single Post
Old
03-19-2004, 06:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
I think you guys are selling Michaud short. He is just 20 years old. Danis was a freshman in the NCAA with a 3.86 GAG at the same age. Don't get carried away.
That said, I think it is a good move, as the signing of Michaud was. Of all the goaltenders taken in the first round over the past 5 years, only Rick DiPietro and Dan Blackburn have played more than a handful of games. Neither of those two has been great in the NHL, either.

If this stops Montreal from using a high draft pick on a goaltender, I'm all for it. But I do think that Michaud can be another Theodore. Jose never really broke out intil he was 23 or 24, remember.
Michaud hasn't looked all that good in the AHL, as I was at his first game ever in the AHL. But we'll see what he does down the road. His numbers in the playoffs in the Q are a concern. His numbers in the ECHL and AHL aren't that good either.

Have you seen Danis play? He has a CAREER save % of .930 which is the 3rd best ever outside of Ken Dryden and David LeNeavu (.939 and .938) So yea there's good reason to be excited.