View Single Post
Old
10-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Last year, Shanahan had 3 goals, 2 assists, +4 and 21 shots on goal through the first 3 games. Now compare that with this year.

I agree w/ Turcotte that you can't say it's too early, but he's been a different player since the 2/16/07 collision w/ Knuble. Nobody has come out of the gate like Shanny did last season, but if you recall the entire team slumped for the first 6 weeks, except for him.
I think Shanny made a heck of a run at to be ready for his first season in NY.

I saw him in the WCH's for Canada a few month before he got here in 06/07, he looked done. I wasn't suprised that nothing was worked out with Detroit, despite all the reports of Det wanting him back, for me that was like Slats saying they wanted Leetch back. Shanny had decent numbers his last seasons in Det, but was a complete no factor for them in 3 straight PO's. Allot of his pts there came from their high octane offensive game, don't misunderstand me now, but look at Mikael Samuelssons numbers there the last 2 seasons, he is in Shannys position.

Then he came here, and just looked reborn. Its possible that Shanny will improve during the season. Sometimes it takes a while for vets to get gooing. But in my subjective opinion Shanahan is a 3rd/4th lineer right now, in a ideal situation.

If the 3rd plays a big role, I would want him on a 4th.

Though, he should also get top minutes on the PP and late in games.

Dave Andrechuk played that role for Tampa when they won the cup. 4th line 5 on 5 gooing into the games. He then played top PP minutes, and was always used in the last minutes if Tampa needed a goal. That way he could concentrate on what he does best...

My lineup:
Hossa-Drury-Jagr
Straka-Gomez-Prucha
Avery-Betts-Callahan
Shanahan-Dubinsky-Orr
Staal-Rozsival
Tyutin-Girardi
Malik-Mara

PP1
Shanahan-Gomez-Jagr
Drury-Rozsival

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote