View Single Post
10-12-2007, 03:32 AM
vCash: 500
Skates for a new skater.

OK, I'm looking to get back in the game after a looooong stint off the ice (Not as long for roller hockey). I'm 19, so figure at least 10-12 yrs off ice, 4-3yrs since I played roller hockey religiously. I started roller skating again, and I'm getting the hang of it. Luckily, I know the owners of a rink, so hopefully I can see some serious ice time and maybe get some lessons for cheaper.

I wasn't always the best skaters, decent speed, decent agility, horrible stopper about sums me up. Also, I have really messed up an ancle between football and wrestling (Broken leg, broken ancle, numerous sprains). Although my ancle probably won't ever be 100% again, I'm going to work through it.

I don't really know where to look. I was considering investing a good amount of money into the skates, since it's the only thing between me and the ice (similar to a car and tire ya know?). I've heard some good things about the Graf 707s, especialy with my ancles. Any other suggestions/good places to look? Any reccomendations? I'm looking for somehting comfortable to at least help ease any discomfort I MAY have. Like I said, I havn't skated in a WHILE, my ancles might turn out to not even be a problem.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote